Position: Financial Planner CFP/CPA
Company: Anchor Bay Capital, Inc.
Anchor Bay Capital, Inc., an established, independent SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm located in Carlsbad, California, is seeking an exceptional, customer-focused individual to join our growing firm. We are expanding our client service model and are looking for a highly qualified Accounting and Financial Planning professional to provide tax advice, tax and financial planning, as well as tax preparation services for our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support our team in serving existing clients as well as new clients
• This candidate should be familiar with the financial planning process as set forth by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
• Furthermore, the candidate should possess a strong familiarity with financial planning software (E-Money preferred, but not required) in order to prepare financial analyses and projections.
• Coordinate with clients to develop, implement and monitor tax strategies
• Prepare, review and provide advice on individual, business, partnership, gift and trust tax returns
• Consult on estate tax design and asset placement optimization for high net worth clientele
• Ability to utilize critical-thinking skills, work independently and anticipate client questions
• Preparing financial analyses for clients, including retirement, estate planning, education-funding, stock options and risk management needs
• All aspects of pre- and post-client meeting activities, such as:
o preparation of meeting agendas
o client paperwork
o investment policy statements
o developing meeting notes
o performing financial situation analyses and
o coordinating planning implementation with outside professionals, as necessary
• Act as a resource for client and team members on business succession, executive compensation, wealth transfer and retirement planning issues
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE
• Joint CFP and CPA designation or similar
• Minimum 7 years of experience in public accounting
• Advanced understanding of federal and multi-state income tax concepts, GAAP accounting rules and estate tax planning concepts
• Experience with Financial Planning software and tools (E-Money preferred)
• 7+ years of experience in financial planning
• Demonstrated understanding of complex estate, investment and financial planning issues for affluent and high net worth clients
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, accounting, or finance preferred
• Base salary
• Bonuses based on firm profitability
• A 401(k) and Profit Sharing plan that includes employer contributions
• Affiliated broker/dealer firm to hold your securities licenses
• Medical benefits.
• On-site gym
• Opportunity for Owner Equity stake in Anchor Bay Capital
We would like to hear from you. All inquiries will be handled in the strictest of confidence. Interested applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and contact info to:
Anchor Bay Capital Inc.
Attn: Scott Spiering
5780 Fleet Street, Suite 308, Carlsbad, Ca 92008.
Or E-mail to ___