The ideal candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant will have extraordinary communication, organization and follow-through skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage and own multiple tasks. This fast-paced position carries a significant level of responsibility with respect to engaging with and servicing the needs of the company’s valued clients. Proper decorum and manner in both dress and communication are essential for success in the position. There is room for growth into a role of greater challenge and responsibility once the essential skills are polished and all processes are mastered.
Duties for the Role Include, but are not expressly limited to, the following:
• Acting as main point of contact for the firm, answering and routing calls, answering and routing emails, greeting and welcoming clients, following up on standardized tasks assigned by the advisor to the client, drafting and sending sophisticated client communications via email and in letter format;
• Scheduling is a considerable component of the opportunity and involves not only timely scheduling of clients, as requested by the client or advisor, but also developing a workable system for ensuring clients do not fall through the cracks and fail to meet with the advisor; additional scheduling tasks center on arranging for seminars, coordinating and booking venues, and confirming attendance;
• Financial industry-specific duties include processing and following through on all account paperwork, including establishing accounts, becoming familiar with all regulatory requirements for efficient account opening, and the process for transferring client assets to the firm;
• Handling and processing client payments and check deposits for the firm as well as all incoming/outgoing mail;
• Assist in creating, assembling and maintaining inventory of company marketing materials, client service materials and seminar materials; and,
• Request and understand insurance illustrations to the extent that would allow for the accurate review of any illustrations received
Technical and Professional skills required for success:
The ideal candidate for the position will already demonstrate skilled understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, with in-depth knowledge of Outlook Mail, Word and Excel (PowerPoint, Publisher are helpful but not required). Experience with Redtail (CRM), Quicken and Quickbooks are also favored, but not required.
Preferred and Required Qualifications:
Either a Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years of experience in the financial industry, or greater than five (5) years in a demonstrably similar role to the one being applied for is required for success in this role. Special consideration will be given to those candidates holding FINRA Series 6, 7, and/or 65/66 licenses. Compensation will correlate to experience and licensure.